Lecturer in Exercise Physiology Across the Lifespan
- Full Time
SALARY RANGE: $93,615 to $110,725 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
Teach, undertake research and publish in the area of physiological responses to exercise in relation to age, growth, maturation and sex.
This will include:
- Contributing to their specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity.
- Demonstrating excellent scholarly learning and teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate level (including for example in the cloud and in clinical settings) in the area of growth, development and exercise physiology.
- Making a contribution to the moderation and maintenance of academic standards, and the development of course and unit curriculum that exemplifies Deakin's curriculum framework, and meets external requirements.
- Making a contribution to the implementation of the University's Strategic Agenda.
- PhD in a relevant field (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated ability to contribute effectively to the Faculty's undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs in a manner that influences, motivates, and inspires students to learn.
- Ability to present research seminars and publish in reputed international journals.
- Ability to contribute to the development and maintenance of partnerships with professional associations, domestic educational institutions and industry.
- Interpersonal skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, the staff of the Faculty and School and with other members of the University.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Associate Head of School (Teaching and Learning) Brad Aisbett, Tel: +61 3 9244 6474, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 21 January 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.