Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
IT is striving to better align the support service to Macquarie’s Strategic Plan “A Framing of Futures” in its enhancement of the student and staff experience, facilitation of research and teaching collaborative activities, increased throughput of our research data and its security, increased efficiency and effectiveness of IT working practices, release of IT staff capacity to better support research and teaching developments, and the reduction of organisational risks.
The IT Partnerships and Engagement team is responsible for fostering relationships with faculties, offices and senior stakeholders to identify and forecast IT business requirements and matching IT solutions; coordinate business change programs, and ensure training and development opportunities are provided to stakeholders to maximise the IT systems to support research, learning and teaching and administrative activities. The culture and ethos of this role is directed towards client service operating in a highly effective and responsive client focussed central service environment.
Reporting to the Director – IT Partnerships and Engagement, the Training Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and delivering all business systems training and development requirements and to ensure that the systems functionalities are maximised. The Training Coordinator is also responsible for producing, reviewing and updating course content and user guides.
- Coordinate the execution of operational tasks, operational support and training.
- Manage the creation and approval of the schedule of operational tasks.
- Monitor and report on application support requests and provide regular status reports on service levels.
- Undertake scripting or light programming tasks; develop scripts as required.
- Ensure the timely resolution of incidents and assist in the identification and resolution of problems.
- Maintain strong relationships with the business support analysts and internal stakeholders to ensure the student system operational functions are aligned with and support the business requirements.
- Attend to issues raised, analyse and resolve problems, undertake root cause analysis, develop and implement solutions within an agreed timeframe.
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter which addresses the criteria below and upload this and your cv as part of the application process:
- Degree in Computer Science degree or equivalent business experience.
- Demonstrated experience in managing priorities and working to deadlines.
- Proven capacity to effectively liaise and negotiate with a diverse range of clients including internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience employing root cause analysis techniques.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL.
For more information about the role, please view the position description below
Salary Package: From $90,330 to $97,937 (Level 7) plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Types: Full-time, continuing
Specific Role Enquires: Roz Howard, Director – IT Partnerships and Engagement on email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Jason Abbott, HR Graduate Intern on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday, 21 January 2018 at 11:55pm (AEDT)
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.