2 days left
- Full Time
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
IT is striving to better align the support service to Macquarie’s Strategic Plan “A Framing of Futures” in its enhancement of the student and staff experience, facilitation of research and teaching collaborative activities, increased throughput of our research data and its security, increased efficiency and effectiveness of IT working practices, release of IT staff capacity to better support research and teaching developments, and the reduction of organisational risks.
The IT Partnerships and Engagement team is responsible for fostering relationships with faculties, offices and senior stakeholders to identify and forecast IT business requirements and matching IT solutions; coordinate business change programs, and ensure training and development opportunities are provided to stakeholders to maximise the IT systems to support research, learning and teaching and administrative activities. The culture and ethos of this role is directed towards client service operating in a highly effective and responsive client focussed central service environment.
The Operations Coordinator reports to the Business Support Manager and is responsible for coordinating user support, ensuring the efficient and effective completion of operational tasks, and systems configuration for the Student Systems.
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify and establish training needs and deliver appropriate training solutions.
- Liaising with partners (e.g external course providers) to fulfil the skills needs of the University.
- Formulating suitable training plans by conducting performance assessments to determine the skills gaps between current and desirable skills levels.
- Coordinate the preparation of tailored training courseware and reference materials as needed.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programmes for assessment impact and to plan future courses or to amend existing ones.
- Review and update course content materials.
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter which addresses the criteria below and upload this and your cv as part of the application process:
- Degree qualification and Cert IV Training & Assessment. Experience in a IT Training Coordinator role.
- Experience of managing delivery via classroom, train the trainer, e-learning or side by side.
- Substantive knowledge of understanding of the full training lifecycle, how to develop and evaluate training as part of larger IT projects.
- Good attention to detail and strong team working skills.
- Experience in innovative approaches to developing training courses.
- Comfortable organising a continuous programme of training events.
- Ability to liaise with staff across the University and externally to support the embedding of technology in research, learning, teaching and administration.
For more information about the role, please view the position description below
Salary Package: From $90,330 to $97,937 (Level 7) plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Types: Full-time, continuing
Specific Role Enquires: Roz Howard, Director – IT Partnerships and Engagement on email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Jason Abbott, HR Graduate Intern on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday, 21 January 2018 at 11:55pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.