Full time without term
Department: Human Resources
Salary: £35,135-£42,364 p.a. inclusive of London Weighting
It is an exciting time to work in Higher Education and particularly at Roehampton University!
The University is focused on providing a first rate student and staff experience, at the heart of which is a commitment to high quality, research-informed teaching, with degree programmes that prepare students for a successful graduate career.
‘In the Complete University Guide 2018, Roehampton is the highest-ranked modern university in London. Modern, or new, universities are defined as those granted university status post-1992. Complete University Guide does not itself define modern universities and does not produce a separate league table in which these are ranked.’
The University has a beautiful, vibrant parkland campus, is located in the heart of south-west London and offers excellent facilities for researching, learning, teaching and working.
The University has an ambitious set of strategic objectives to enable us to achieve our 2025 vision and has been successful in achieving and exceeding expected progress against these objectives every year to date.
Our strategic objectives, in conjunction with recent legislative changes and sector developments mean that effective and facilitative Human Resource Management is critical to our success.
Our team of excellent HR Partners provide the critical framework which supports the university to recruit, retain and develop outstanding staff. Our team is hugely valued by our Academic and Professional Services Departments and plays an essential role in facilitating and supporting achievement of University Strategy.
You will work independently and in conjunction with other members of the HR team to provide professional, expert advice and support to line managers and members of staff on issues In particular:
- Identifying current and future operational activities to ensure that a coordinated, consistent and effective HR service is provided to departments and the University, in accordance with university policies, procedures and prevailing employment law.
- Working with key line managers in devising and driving forward effective HR solutions in support of improved organisational effectiveness.
- Providing high quality HR advice and support, underpinning effective HR management and a positive staff experience.
- Supporting the implementation of the University’s HR Strategy and its further development.
- Each HR Partner will have the opportunity to lead on a specific component of HR practice such as Equality and Diversity, Health and Wellbeing etc.
- Each HR Partner will have the opportunity to own a policy area and advise on and update these policies when subject to legislation change or organisational review.
To find out more information about the role and what we’re looking for, visit the Working at Roehampton section of our website where you will find full details, how to apply, as well as further information about the benefits of working for us. http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/Working-at-Roehampton/
The closing date for completed applications is: Monday, 29th January 2018
Interviews will be held on: Thursday, 15th February 2018
The University is an equal opportunities and ‘disability confident’ employer.