Systems Support Team Leader
2 days left
- Full Time
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Macquarie University’s central IT Department delivers a range of core services covering wired and wireless networks, infrastructure, applications, desktop support, telecommunications, design and procurement of systems, project management and business analysis services, strategic IT security, and a growing number of support and advice services (such as information and data management).
The IT organisational structure is designed to create a more service oriented structure, which is underpinned by best practice IT Service Management (ITSM) and the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
There are four key directorates as follows:
- Infrastructure & Applications
- IT Partnerships and Engagement
- Client Services
- Policy, Compliance & Programme Management Office (PMO).
IT is striving to better align the support service to Macquarie’s Strategic Plan “A Framing of Futures” in its enhancement of the student and staff experience, facilitation of research and teaching collaborative activities, increased throughput of our research data and its security, increased efficiency and effectiveness of IT working practices, release of IT staff capacity to better support research and teaching developments, and the reduction of organisational risks.
The IT Partnerships and Engagement team is responsible for fostering relationships with faculties, offices and senior stakeholders to identify and forecast IT business requirements and matching IT solutions; coordinate business change programs, and ensure training and development opportunities are provided to stakeholders to maximise the IT systems to support research, learning and teaching and administrative activities. The culture and ethos of this role is directed towards client service operating in a highly effective and responsive client focussed central service environment.
The IT Business Support Team is a newly established team to provide business system support to Student Administration functions. We are seeking to fill a number of positions.
We are seeking suitably qualified candidates who recognise the importance of IT as a critical enabler of its operations and student and staff experience.
- In consultation with the Business Support Manager, agree and coordinate team objectives.
- Oversee root cause analysis and the development and implementation of timely solutions to support activities or issues.
- Coordinate response to user requests, provide guidance and assistance to users.
- Coordinate key operations and support tasks for the business systems.
- Work with users, other team members, IT teams or external vendors to resolve service requests or issues raised.
- In collaboration with the Systems Support Analysts:
- Monitor the performance of the systems and address issues raised or risks identified.
- Monitor the application support requests and providing regular status reports on service levels.
- Undertake scripting or light programming tasks; develop scripts as required.
- Support small software patches or upgrades and changes; undertaking verification testing in the new environment.
- Maintain awareness of the potential impact of project work on the application environment and providing impact assessments as required.
- Adhere to change management and quality assurance processes.
- Degree in Computer Science degree or equivalent business experience.
- Experience with root cause analysis.
- Experience providing support for production systems including the prioritization/coordination of work across team resources and working to deadlines.
- Experience managing the installation configuration and troubleshooting of systems.
- Ability to design and use data gathering and analytical methods and interpret patterns and trends.
- Proven capacity to effectively liaise and negotiate with a diverse range of clients including internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams.
Salary Package: From $99,218 to $110,402 (Level 8) plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
Specific Role Enquires: Roz Howard, Director – IT Partnerships and Engagement on email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Min-Ha Choo, HR Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 21 January 2018, Sunday at 11:55pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.