Audio Visual Operators
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
Macquarie University Property is looking for an experienced AV Operator with a proven track record to join the Audio Visual Technology Services (AVTS) team. As a member of the AVTS team, the AV Operator sets up and/or operates complex AV equipment in lecture theatres, classrooms, studios and remote locations. The position is required to provide best practice support for all clients.
- Perform routine remote monitoring of systems
- Set up and/or operate complex AV equipment in lecture theatres, classrooms, studios and remote locations
- Provide best practice support for users of AV equipment and services
- Contribute to Help Desk operations
- Perform ongoing maintenance of AV facilities and classroom equipment
- Perform routine clerical duties as required
- Relevant technical experience OR an equivalent combination of and/or education/training
- Knowledge of and experience with the operation of a range of digital AV systems
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service
- A high level of computer literacy with a demonstrated ability to keep abreast of changes in software and hardware
This position requires work on a rostered basis over a 7 day period and overtime may be required on a needs basis. Uniform will be supplied by Macquarie University. You are required to supply and wear your own safety footwear.
Salary Package: HEW 4, $43.73 - $47.13 per hour
Appointment Type: Casual
Applications Close: Sunday, 21 January 2018, 11.55pm
Enquiries: Darren Johnson, AVTS Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.