Module Development Team Leader – Content
Module Development Team Leader – Content (FT, Permanent)
Department: Academic Resources
Arden University is an independent higher education provider, offering a broad range of degrees, masters and MBA programmes by online distance and blended learning. Since 1990, we have been providing learners worldwide an opportunity to further their studies in a way that suits their lifestyle.
We believe everyone, everywhere should be able to study. Whether you are constrained by location, cost, life commitments or just by time, we are passionate about giving you access to higher education that fits with your hectic, modern life.
We are proud that with our help, thousands of students realise their goals and make a difference to the world around them.
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic and forward-thinking individual to join the Academic Resources Department.
With overall responsibility for leading the Module Development (Content) Team, you will manage and coordinate processes that lead to the development, publication and maintenance of high quality online learning materials on a quarterly basis.
You will be required to use your own initiative, be confident in problem solving, and demonstrate excellent attention to detail and levels of accuracy at all times.
As Team leader, you will be responsible for the leadership and development the Module Development Coordinators (Content), including allocation work, completion of annual performance reviews and management of absence. In addition, you will contribute to the development, implementation and continuous improvement of operational systems, processes and procedures.
You will be organised, methodical and able to manage your own workload whilst overseeing that of the wider team. With a pragmatic approach, you will be confident in juggling changing priorities and last-minute amendments to work schedules.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills (oral and written)
- Persuasion, influencing, and negotiation skills, including conflict management
- The ability to work on own initiative, as well as being a team player
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm at times
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Willing to accept responsibility & take ownership
- Excellent customer service and stakeholder management skills
- Computer literate with experience of using Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience of working in a similar environment
- Previous experience of managing a budget
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Experience of using Moodle or other VLEs
The closing date for applications is 26th January 2017. To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.