Maintenance and Binding Technician
Qatar University profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Qatar University's library has undergone several important developmental changes since its establishment in 1973. However, the most notable change took place in 1985, when the university made the move to its permanent campus. In 1992, a new library building was constructed on the men's campus. The library serves QU students, faculty, staff, and researchers, as well as patrons from the general public. Our goal is to support your curriculum needs, and to contribute to the quality of your overall learning experience here at QU .
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform highly skilled hand finishing binding operations,such as grooving or lettering.
- Repairs and maintains binding and lamination products.
- Design original or special bindings for limited editions or other custom binding projects.
- Evaluate, repair, restore, and rebind old or damaged books and periodicals using hand tools.
- Processes books’ problems, such as duplicate pages,incorrect numbering, as well as incorrect placement of pages.
- Routinely inspects every piece of equipment in order to determine if any repairs are needed
- Works in a safe manner, and keeps work area clean and orderly; tools and spare parts maintained, clean and in their proper place.
- Keeping and maintaining monthly statistics in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with archivists to arrange for the safe storage of historical records and documents.
- Trains other staff members, volunteers and/or student assistants, and schedules and supervises their work.
- Performs a variety of library clerical tasks, as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years’ of experience in a similar role.
- Good knowledge of basic library methods, techniques and procedures.
- Good knowledge of standard office and library machines.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.