Senior Administration Officer
- Provide high level executive support to three Associate Pro Vice-Chancellors (APVCs).
- Full time, continuing role based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $73,573 - $79,638 per annum plus 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
Joining a highly collaborative and supportive team you will be required to provide high level executive support to three Associate Pro Vice-Chancellors. You will also effectively manage the delivery of a wide range of administrative support activities and work collaboratively with other College administrative staff.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Being the initial point of contact for all internal and external enquiries;
- Managing diaries of the APVCs through a solid understanding of the business, relative priorities and appropriate delegation;
- Preparing documentation in draft and final format for/from meetings, or correspondence with key contacts both internal and external to the University;
- Welcoming incoming visitors & manage mail/calls and action appropriately; and
- Organising events on behalf of the College, including venue bookings, travel, accommodation, catering and attendance lists.
Skills & Experience
As a personable and professional administrator, you will possess previous experience as an Executive Assistant in a large complex organisation.
You will take great pride in your attention to detail, fantastic energy and the ability to develop excellent working relationships and provide high quality service to colleagues, students and other stakeholders.
Prior experience working in a higher education environment would be desirable but is not essential.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 21 January 2018
Position Enquiries: Tanya Thornton
Tel: 03 9479 5571
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Previous applicants need not apply once again.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact HR Assist on 9479 1234.
To apply and to view position description please visit
http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for position no. 553137 under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.