Control Mechanic, Facilities Management and Planning, Mechanical Operations
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair HVAC controls systems at Boston University as a member of the Facilities Management & Planning HVAC shop.
- Diagnose, repair and calibrate sensors, controllers, activators and accessory devices related to both direct digital and traditional control systems.
- Field verifies, with a personal computer, set points and operation sequences for Direct Digital Control (DDC) systems.
- Maintain, lubricate, replace and adjust fluid controlled devices such as valves, dampers, and linkages.
- Troubleshoot and repair chiller, boiler and packaged roof top control systems.
- Measure air and water flows and make adjustments.
- Troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems.
- Ability to follow and complete work orders and preventative maintenance duties and provide updates on the work order status.
- Ability to work efficiently, productively, and with minimal supervision.
- Follow safety precautions with appropriate PPE; providing an environment for personal and public safety.
- Follow department policies.
- Maintain a clean work site and area that minimally interferes with University operations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of commercial or industrial related trades experience.
- 3 years of HVAC filter maintenance as well as piping, soldering, and control work experience.
- Excellent understanding of HVAC, Security, Access Control, CCTV, or other
building or electronic control systems.
- Proficiency in software applications including but not limited to Microsoft Word,
Excel, and CAD.
- Ability to work from ladders and lift heavy items up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid Massachusetts Driver’s license and use of an automobile.
- Basic arithmetic and measurement skills.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Operate power tools, equipment and maintenance equipment.
- Ability to lift heavy items up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to speak, read, understand and write fluently in the English language.
- Knowledge of basic safety procedures.
- Trades experience in the area of Mechanical Equipment maintenance and repair.
- Trades school certificates of training
Boston University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States