Marketing, Communications and Events Officer
Melbourne Energy Institute
Faculty of Science
Salary: $68,892 to $79,130 p.a. (pro rata) plus 9.5% superannuation
About the role
The position of Marketing, Communications and Events Officer will be located within the Melbourne Energy Institute (MEI) at the University of Melbourne. The MEI is one of the University’s six interdisciplinary research institutes, and is administratively located within the Faculty of Science.
The position of Marketing, Communications and Events Officer will join a dynamic team and be a part of a vibrant, high profile marketing and engagement program. You will work with the Director, Executive Officer and Theme Leaders of the Institute to effectively oversee all communications on behalf of the Institute in consultation with the Institute Manager. You will also manage our public events including workshops, lectures and seminars.
The vision of the Melbourne Energy Institute is to continue to position the University of Melbourne as a leader in energy research. Its mission is to engage communities, not-for-profit, government and research organisations with new and existing interdisciplinary energy research at The University of Melbourne. The Marketing, Communications and Events Officer position will play a central role in delivering the Institute’s engagement program and will have the opportunity to develop diverse skills in marketing and communication.
- Completion of a degree with relevant experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrated experience in writing for the public
- Experience in co-ordinating events
- Previous experience in website management including content strategy, content production, and maintenance
- Expertise in branding and design for both web and printed materials
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
Close date: 28 Jan 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria