External Relations Officer
Closing Date: 16 January 2018
Contract Status: Full-time
Salary & Benefits: RMB 139, 000 to RMB 197,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
The purpose of the role is to maintain and develop alumni relations and external engagement, the role will be closely collaborating with multiple departments and teams within the University.
The role will include: managing relationships with alumni and external stakeholders; inspiring alumni to contribute in “alumni annual giving campaign”; developing and running alumni relations events; using social media and other communications channels to fuel campaigns;
- University Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field/experience required; demonstrating practical and specialized knowledge.
- Evidence of strong relationship management skills and an ability to engage with and influence contacts at all levels, both internally and externally and including volunteers.
- Proven ability in marketing, communications, events management or public relations.
- Ability to create and manage campaign communications through social media, web CMS and media relations.
- Evidence of a positive, enthusiastic and creative approach, with the drive and tenacity to deliver new initiatives and improve existing programs with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge or experience of handling sensitive data and an understanding of Data Protection legislation.
- Experience of planning and progressing community initiatives.
- Proven ability to priorities workloads, utilize good organizational and time management skills to deliver on multiple activities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative but also to collaborate with a wide range of colleagues.
- Proficient IT user – in particular large databases, Microsoft Office and e-mail.
- Experience in using social media or media relations.
- Professional qualification in one of these areas: marketing, communications, alumni relations or events management.
- Knowledge and experience of data management.
- Knowledge and experience of updating web content using a CMS application.
- Ability to work in an international setting; international work/study experience preferred
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Nottingham Advantage Award module - Alumni Relations Events Management: Recruits, trains, and monitors the work of student Volunteering projects, help students to get a greater knowledge of project and event management including planning, time management, delivering to time scales, teamwork, budget management and evaluation.
- Lead and coordinate alumni chapter-based activities both inland and overseas to contentiously reinforce the life-long relationship between the University and alumni, and liaise with all chapter leaders to maintain a dynamic global alumni network.
- Initiate and on-site support alumni-related projects and campaigns on campus to increase alumni retention in the community, serve current students in terms of their employability and university experience, and contribute to the University’s reputation.
- Make strategic recommendations to Alumni annual giving Campaign revenue from new products and initiatives.
- Explore new opportunities to support donation functions in University as well as outside institutes to reach the KPI and mutually enhance alumni’s contribution to the University and social community;
- Regular meeting and close collaboration with external entities, relevant departments and student society to support recruitment both national and global, and the whole-campus strategic campaigns;
- Oversee alumni communication channels such as web portal, public email and official social media accounts to ensure efficient response and helpful reply;
- Handle Alumni Centre online system to increase the contactable alumni number and their activeness in the community;
- Analyze, summarize and integrate the data of admissions/alumni via proficient practical skills;
- Serve as front line of greeting external stakeholders, answering enquiries through telephones, emails and other communication tools, and communicate with students and parents efficiently and professionally;
- Manage application documents and files, maintain application database on OAA, spreadsheets and other forms required by external stakeholders;
- Continually review existing working practices and make recommendations for improvement.
- Administrative duties including preparations for meetings, reports production, procurement, revenue settings, reimbursement, room booking, and others;
- Participate in training and staff development, as trainer or trainee as appropriate, to develop and foster relevant expertise and awareness for global engagement;
- Maintain a proactive and flexible approach to delivering work objectives and assisting other members in global engagement team as and when appropriate;
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and role.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here); http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/about/documents/applicationform.doc
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org