Circulation Librarian Assistant
Qatar University profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Qatar University's library has undergone several important developmental changes since its establishment in 1973. However, the most notable change took place in 1985, when the university made the move to its permanent campus. In 1992, a new library building was constructed on the men's campus. The library serves QU students, faculty, staff, and researchers, as well as patrons from the general public. Our goal is to support your curriculum needs, and to contribute to the quality of your overall learning experience here at QU .
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for circulation of materials to patrons both check-in, check-out, hold, renew, etc.
- Assist patrons in the use of the Library and the functions of Access Service areas; communicate circulation policies and procedures to patrons.
- Assist in patron registration as needed.
- Assist in money handling (fine and fee), in case of the absence of circulation librarian.
- Ensures that the library closing procedures are respected.
- Reports routine complaints to circulation Librarian or the head and answers a variety of circulation related questions.
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent
- Proficiency in English and Arabic (both written and verbal) is preferred
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.