Lecturer in Psychological Sciences, Level C
A permanent position responsible for contributing primarily to the professional psychology programs - Graduate Diploma of Professional Psychology; Graduate Diploma of Professional Psychology Practice; Master of Psychology (clinical).
- Enjoy access to flexible work arrangements
- Contribute to the growth and direction of ACAP as thought leaders in the industry
- Work within an innovative environment, responsive to the profession to become pioneers in the discipline
This role will supervise provisionally registered psychologists in clinical practice and/or research projects, to conduct a program of research and contribute to administration leadership within the discipline.
The person we seek will ideally have the following:
- Expertise in an area of clinical psychology, particularly relating to the following:
- Children & adolescents
- Psychological assessment or development
- Delivery and/or evaluation of psychological therapies
Prepared and delivered lectures, seminars, tutorials, workshops and conduct student assessments Supervised professional psychology and clinical psychology students in a clinical environment Undertaken a program of research in an area of expertise Doctoral qualification in an area of psychology relevant to professional psychology (essential) Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia, including being endorsed or being eligible to be endorsed in Clinical Psychology Eligibility for membership to the Australian Psychological Society College of Clinical Psychologists Authorisation by the Psychology Board of Australia to supervise psychology interns, including clinical psychology area of practice endorsement purposes Demonstrated ability to develop teaching materials and coordinate units of study Previously conducted research leading to publications in high quality, peer reviewed journals
What we can do for you:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Study assistance up to 100% reimbursement (subject to conditions)
- First class modern facilities
- Career progression and development pathways
- Collegial and collaborative environment with the aim of academic excellence
- Mobility within the organisation and locations
- Health & Wellbeing packages which includes free counselling for employees and family, discounted gym membership, movie tickets, discounts on travel, accommodation and insurance
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
The Australian College of Applied Psychology (ACAP) is a Higher Education Institution and Registered Training Organisation within Navitas Professional and English Programs (PEP) Division that provides accredited higher degree courses in counselling, psychology, people management, community services, coaching and human resources and has been in operation for 30 years. We are proud of our students and graduates and excited about the future. Our campuses are located in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide.
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and to undergo a criminal records check & working with children check. Navitas promotes equality, flexibility and equal opportunity in the workplace.
Please note; applications will not be reviewed until the 15 January 2018
For further information please contact Katherine Nicholson Perry on Kathryn.NicholsonPerry@acap.edu.au