Library - Cataloging
Qatar University profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
QU Library has undergone several important changes in the last two decades. It has recently completed its relocation to its brand-new five story building equipped with state-of the art technology and eco-friendly study and lounge areas. QUL is considered the hub of interaction for students and faculty members in its provision of a diverse collection of print and electronic books and journals, e-resources and reference materials. The library’s vision is to partner with the Qatar University community to provide appropriate, high quality library collections, physical and technological facilities, and research and information services in order to support Qatar University’s curriculum, educational and research needs. It is also an important resource for the Qatari community for reference on a wide range of topics that address all sectors
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs basic copy cataloging. Provides clerical duties necessary for the proper processing, preparation and distribution of cataloged library materials.
- Performs copy cataloging or minimal level cataloging of library materials as required.
- Assists in generating labels for all cataloged materials.
- Assists in applying stamps, security strips, call number labels, location labels, plastic covers, and pockets on books, CDs, DVDs, etc. as per library procedures.
- Assists in performing routine checking of item record data against library materials.
- Assists in receiving and arranging new receipts.
- Assists in preparing books for in-house binding or mending.
- Assists in maintaining the stock of supplies and materials used for processing materials.
- Performs a variety of library clerical tasks, and assists with some special projects as required.
- Maintains confidentiality of information at all times.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role is preferred.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic (both written and verbally) is preferred.
- Basic automation skills.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.