Library - Circulation and Reserves
Qatar University profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Qatar University's library has undergone several important developmental changes since its establishment in 1973. However, the most notable change took place in 1985, when the university made the move to its permanent campus. In 1992, a new library building was constructed on the men's campus. The library serves QU students, faculty, staff, and researchers, as well as patrons from the general public. Our goal is to support your curriculum needs, and to contribute to the quality of your overall learning experience here at QU .
Duties & Responsibilities
- Checks-in and checks-out library materials and prepares them for return to the collection.
- Performs a variety of clerical assignments (including typing and filing).
- Empties the book return boxes daily.
- Shelves and supervises the shelving areas in the library (Reference and stacks) and ensures that the items’ classification is in the proper order.
- Reports books that need repair to the circulation staff or unit head.
- Conducts shelf searches for materials designated lost and/or missing to verify their actual status.
- Reports photocopying and printing services problems.
- Ensure that the book transfers (between men’s and women’s libraries) are done in a timely manner.
- Rotates in the library daily to collect misplaced books and other items.
- Maintains confidentiality of information at all times.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role is preferred
- Proficiency in English and Arabic (both written and verbal) is preferred.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.