Senior Information Literacy Librarian
Library- Information Literacy & Staff Development
Qatar University profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
QU Library has undergone several important changes in the last two decades. It has recently completed its relocation to its brand-new five story building equipped with state-of the art technology and eco-friendly study and lounge areas. QUL is considered the hub of interaction for students and faculty members in its provision of a diverse collection of print and electronic books and journals, e-resources and reference materials. The library’s vision is to partner with the Qatar University community to provide appropriate, high quality library collections, physical and technological facilities, and research and information services in order to support Qatar University’s curriculum, educational and research needs. It is also an important resource for the Qatari community for reference on a wide range of topics that address all sectors.
Duties & Responsibilities
Nature and Scope of Position:
- Delivers sessions, assists in creating teaching aids and web guides. Assists faculty and users in navigating the library catalog and other online services
- Seeks, evaluates, and recommends new technologies for enhancement of instructional services
- Serves as the contact person and faculty liaison for assigned Colleges/ Departments general inquiries for library instructions, collection development, Research Guides, and Research consultation
- Participates in the activities of the department as needed
- Contributes to campus wide activities as needed (e.g. new faculty orientation and new/ international student orientation, meeting campus visitors)
- Develops strategies and coordinates workshops for library staff development.
- Stays abreast of innovations and best practices in relation to information literacy skills and other tasks
- Pursues outreach partnerships with campus programs and departments to support faculty in all areas of the University and seek opportunities to integrate library resources and instruction into academic and special programs
- Assists in the development of library programs and services that provide opportunities to people beyond QU, and that support and enrich the communities we serve
- Provides reference, information, research assistance, and services to the QU community
- Is the focal point for University wide library tours
- Assists the unit head in the creation of reports, tabulation of statistics and other departmental tasks as needed
- Performs other duties, as required.
- Master’s degree in library and information science or equivalent
- 2 years’ library experience in an academic institution or research institution.
- Very good knowledge of Arabic and English
- Knowledge of computer uses and applications.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree). 6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.