Early Childhood Center (ECC)
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Education, founded in 1973, is the oldest college at the University of Qatar and remains central to realizing the goals of the Education Reform. Its mission is to prepare and develop educational practitioners and leaders that have the information, skills, and attitudes to support the personal development of every student in Qatari schools and to achieve comprehensive quality in meeting the educational needs and objectives of Qatari society. The top priorities of the College of Education are the excellence of its academic programs and the quality of its research activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate clearly simple language while being culturally and emotionally sensitive with the children
- Prepare and set up children's' files
- Oversee and provide direct nursing evaluation and / or other daily patient care nursing activities to children as required e.g.:
- Perform required measurements (Weight, height, vital signs)
- Perform dressing, … etc.
- Monitor the children's immunizations
- Provide the parents with referral if a child needs to be seen by a medical professional.
- Ensure all nursing supplies availability.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Document and Record the nursing services issues contemporaneously.
- Provide the essential medical support during the ECC events.
- Carrying out regular inspections of the school areas to ensure that children spend their day in a safe environment.
- Identify warning signs and assess urgent cases as a matter of priority and as per agreed Qatar Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) guidelines and protocols
- Respond appropriately to ‘emergencies’
- Accompany the emergency cases to HMC, emergency sector as required.
- Administer immunizations where necessary.
- Supporting the children's health education program, to maintain the children optimum health by educating and encouraging a healthy lifestyle which includes good nutrition, exercise, personal hygiene and adequate sleep through:
- Arranging health awareness workshops for children and parents.
- Delivering educational material e.g. posters, flyers… etc.
- Experience in primary health care delivery / same field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in nursing
Nursing Bachelor is required
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.