Preschool English Teacher
Early Childhood Center
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Education, founded in 1973, is the oldest college at the University of Qatar and remains central to realizing the goals of the Education Reform. Its mission is to prepare and develop educational practitioners and leaders that have the information, skills, and attitudes to support the personal development of every student in Qatari schools and to achieve comprehensive quality in meeting the educational needs and objectives of Qatari society. The top priorities of the College of Education are the excellence of its academic programs and the quality of its research activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and implementation of age appropriate curriculum that is based on current early childhood education and child development research.
- Work with the Child Development Center Director in implementing the Child Development Center goals. Coordinate with other preschool staff to assure program continuity.
- Practice high quality health and safety standards.
- Create and maintain a nurturing environment that promotes positive social and emotional child development.
- Plan, organize, implement, supervise, coordinate and evaluate curriculum/activities/programs that ensure that each child meets academic goals.
- Use data to identify the instructional needs of the children and analysis of assessments to improve instruction.
- Work with children in groups and individually, planning group as well as individual activities.
- Work in partnership with parents to assure that the child’s needs are being met.
- Provide written reports and fill out appropriate forms which may include – assessment documents, accident reports, etc.
- Observe and evaluates ESL program and provide input and recommendations for the Professional Improvement Plans.
- Consistently operate within the framework of collegiality and teamwork.
- Coordinate school and community resources for children who need specialized assistance, including the services of the guidance counselor, social worker, Psychologist, learning disabilities teacher, etc.
- Keep the Center Director and teaching staff informed about the instructional program and services and seek ideas for the improvement of instruction.
- Conduct meetings as necessary for the proper functioning of the instructional programs.
- Develop a plan of action to assure continuing professional development.
- Assure compliance with safety programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university on Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Native English speaker
- Have at least 3 years’ experience as an ESL preschool teacher.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.