Lecturer/Associate Lecturer in Illustration & Imaging
Lecturer/Associate Lecturer – Illustration & Imaging
Job no: 559563
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Architecture & Design, Media, Journalism & Communications
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Communication & Design
At RMIT Vietnam, we believe that creative minds should be challenged, inspired and cultivated. The School of Communication & Design is building Vietnam’s creative leaders of tomorrow through interdisciplinary programs in the fields of communication, design, architecture, fashion and film.
Our unique programs embed theory and technical skills within creative and professional practice to ensure that graduates are both knowledgeable and work-ready. The emphasis throughout teaching and our student’s work is to be Experimental; Ethical; and Exceptional.
The aim of the School of Communication & Design over the next 5 years is for RMIT Vietnam to be acknowledged as having one the most respected creative hubs in South East Asia.
The role & key responsibilities
The Lecturer/Associate Lecturer – Illustration & Imaging will be expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the University, within the School of Communication & Design, specifically within undergraduate Programs. The successful candidate will also actively promote the programs by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities.
Key selection criteria
- Master Degree (for Associate Lecturer) or PhD (for Lecturer) roles.
- Proven teaching proficiency in Digital Drawing (Wacom), Advanced Illustrator, and 3D Modelling.
- Actively engaged in design practice.
- Recognised research and/or exhibition profile.
- Strong team player with an inclusive and collaborative approach.
- At least 5 years relevant experience, teaching in a University environment.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and Candidate Information document below.
- Design_Lecturer_2017 Apr.pdf
- Design_Associate Lecturer_2017 Apr.pdf
- Information Pack - Foreign Candidates.pdf
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on January 31, 2018.