Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in English Language
The City University of Macau, a private but not-for-profit institution of higher education, is now inviting application for the following position:
- Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor / Senior Lecturer / Lecturer in English Language
- Teaching areas include Oral English, General English, English for Master, Language/Communication in English, and other courses as assigned by General Education Department.
- Course Type involved Beginner of General English, English for General Purposes and English for Specific Academic Purposes.
- Successful candidates will be responsible for curriculum and materials development in teaching English for professional and academic purposes.
- Participate in all ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Academic Research in English Language or related field.
- Instruction and supporting in English learning and teaching activities.
- Applicants of Instructor of the English Language should possess at least a master’s degree in foreign language study with a certificate of TESL/TESOL/TEFL and the like.
- Doctoral degree holders in relevant disciplines from accredited programs are encouraged to apply.
- Should have previous teaching experience at the tertiary level either locally or internationally.
- Possess good knowledge in academic research.
- Applicants should be familiar with electronic learning platforms.
- Applicants should demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in communication with students, colleagues, staff and administrators as an individual or as a part of a team.
- Macau ID Card holders are preferred.
- Native or near-native English language proficiency is preferable.
The remuneration and appointment rank offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualifications, current position and professional experience. The compensation/benefits are competitive. The current local maximum income tax rate in Macao is 12% but is effectively around 5% - 7% after various discretionary exemptions.
The position will remain open until filled. Review of applications and nominations will commence immediately. Applicants may consider their applications not successful if they were not invited for an interview within 3 months of submission. The successful candidate is expected to assume the position in September 2018.
Applicants should visit http://www.cityu.edu.mo/en/category/job-vacancy/teaching-en/ for more details, and may apply ONLINE or send the application either by mail to the Human Resources Office, 2/F Administrative Building, Avenida Padre Tomas Pereira Taipa, Macau or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.**