Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor - Research on Portuguese-speaking Countries
Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor - Institute for Research on Portuguese-speaking Countries
Ref. No: #18191-IROPC01
IROPC is a faculty-level academic unit that doing academic research, postgraduate education and publishing. Through inviting local and international famous scholars, and organizing high-level academic forum, IROPC mainly focus on the studying on “Belt and Road” and Macau’s construction, as well as the relationship between Macau and Portuguese-speaking countries and regions. IROPC is a distinctive think-tank platform and base of national and regional studies in Macau.
Candidates are expected to contribute significantly to the Faculty development, including teaching, research, community service and other assigned work. Successful candidates will be responsible the duties including: (i) developing and teaching courses in our dynamic graduate programs; (ii) supervision and coordination of student's thesis and dissertations; and (iii) engaging actively in research and academic activities.
- Candidates should possess a PhD degree in International Relations、Politics、Economics or relevant fields.
- At least 3-5 years' experience of teaching courses in International Relations or Politics in higher education institutions at Master and PhD levels, preferably in Theory of Regional Development and Governance, Thematic Studies on Intercultural Communication, Research Method and so on.
- Professional expertise in the following areas: Area country fastens research, especially research on Portuguese-speaking countries including Brasil, Mozambique, Angola, Portugal, Guinea-Bissau, East Timor, Cape Verde, and São Tomé e Príncipe.
- Proven records of successfully developing research projects.
- Evidence of strong publication potentials in the expertise areas.
- Priority considerations will be given to those already having a strong publication record.
- Evidence of good university-level teaching performance.
- Excellent commitment to the teamwork of the Faculty and University.
- Excellent command of English, Mandarin and Portuguese with the ability to communicate effectively in Chinese.
The remuneration and appointment rank offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualifications, current position and professional experience. The compensation/benefits are competitive. The current local maximum income tax rate in Macao is 12% but is effectively around 5% - 7% after various discretionary exemptions.
The position will remain open until filled. Review of applications and nominations will commence immediately. Applicants may consider their applications not successful if they were not invited for an interview within 3 months of submission. The successful candidate is expected to assume the position in September 2018.
Applicants should visit http://www.cityu.edu.mo/en/category/job-vacancy/teaching-en/ for more details, and may apply ONLINE or send the application either by mail to the Human Resources Office, 2/F Administrative Building, Avenida Padre Tomas Pereira Taipa, Macau or by email to email@example.com.
**Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.**