Academic position / Postdoctoral in Psychology
UNIVERSITY OF KONSTANZ
Open Position No. 2017/247
The University of Konstanz, with its “Institutional Strategy to promote Top-Level Research”, has been receiving continuous funding since 2007 within the framework of the Excellence Initiative by the German Federal and State Governments.
The Department of Psychology of the University of Konstanz, Chair of Biological Work and Health Psychology (Prof. Dr. Petra Wirtz), is offering one
Academic Position / Postdoctoral Level
(Salary Scale 13 TV-L / 100 %)
The position is available from March 1st 2018 and to be filled as soon as possible. Initially it is limited to three years and can be extended. In principle, this position can be divided into two half-time positions.
The main tasks are:
- Involvement in research projects in our team Biological Work and Health Psychology with the opportunity to publish
- Teaching in Psychology (2 courses per semester)
- Doctoral degree in Psychology or Medicine, a good to very good grade
- Strong research publication record, preferably in the fields of Psychoendocrinology, Psychoimmunology, or Psychosomatics
- State-of-the-art knowledge in statistical data analysis
- Previous experience and a strong interest in endocrine and / or immune wet lab methods are advantageous
The University of Konstanz is an equal opportunity employer that tries to increase the number of women in research and teaching.
The University of Konstanz is committed to further the compatibility of work and family life.
The University of Konstanz offers a “Dual Career Couples Programme“. Information is available at: http://www.uni-konstanz.de/dcc.
The University of Konstanz encourages applications from people with a disability. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact +49 7531 / 88 – 4016).
To apply, please send your application (including CV, a letter of motivation, list of publications, copies of academic records and diplomas) via e-mail (Anke.Mclintock@uni-konstanz.de) to Prof. Dr. Petra Wirtz, University of Konstanz, Department of Psychology, Box 42, Universitaetsstrasse 10, 78457 Konstanz, Germany. First consideration will be given to candidates whose complete applications are received by January 31, 2018, but we will accept applications until the position is filled.