- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW is one of the Asia-Pacific’s leading research intensive Universities with a strong regional and global engagement. The Mark Wainwright Analytical Centre (MWAC) is UNSW’s core facility hosting a wide range of cutting edge scientific instrumentation, facilities and equipment. The Biological Imaging Resources Laboratory (BRIL) was established as a component of MWAC in 2011 to provide State-of-the-Art imaging for samples and small research animals.
About the role
- Salary Level 6/7: $ 83,653-$99,306 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term for 2 years with possibility of extension
The incumbent will support the operation and research activities in the pre-clinical high-field MRI facility in the Biological Resources Imaging Laboratory (BRIL). They would work closely together with other facility staff and facility users, to contribute to the general operation, management and further development of the MRI facility and related imaging infrastructure. In this position you support a wide variety of research users with their pre-clinical MRI procedures. Under the direction of the Head of BRIL and the MRI Fellow you will be involved in all operational and administrative aspects of the pre-clinical MRI facility such as user administration, image acquisition, sample and animal preparation, data analysis and more.
About the successful applicant
- Degree or diploma in a field relevant to the activities in BRIL and the MRI facility, preferably in a discipline related to imaging in biomedical sciences, e.g. Radiography, Medical Science/Medicine, Biosciences, Biomedical Engineering or related fields.
- Previous research experience in biomedical sciences, imaging science or related fields and have demonstrated your ability to operate scientific instrumentation in a research environment.
- Previous specific experience with pre-clinical Magnetic Resonance Imaging, MR Spectroscopy and/or rodent models of disease is an advantageous asset for your role in our team.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Dr Carl Power, Head of the Biological Resources Imaging Laboratory, Acting Director of Marc Wainwright Analytical Centre, UNSW Sydney
T: (61 2) 9385 8655
Applications close: Wednesday 31 January 2018