Lecturer in Mathematics
Trinity College Foundation Studies is a pre-university course within the Pathways School at Trinity College that qualifies overseas students for entry to the University of Melbourne and other universities. The lecturer in this position will deliver weekly tutorials in the subject Mathematics 2.
Mathematics 2 is an elective subject that provides students with the skills to succeed in university courses requiring a high level of analytical and logical thought such as required in science, engineering or actuarial studies, and how to effectively communicate mathematical ideas. The Mathematics 2 syllabus includes logic and algebra, complex numbers, matrices and transformations, vectors, ellipses and hyperbolas, vector geometry, statistical inference, techniques of anti-differentiation, volumes of solids of revolution, approximation of definite integrals, differential equations, and an introduction to coding through Spheros and Octave.
We are inviting suitably qualified and experienced applicants to apply for this full-time ongoing opportunity. To be considered for this positon you must have the following:
- A tertiary qualification relevant to the discipline,
- A formal qualification in the delivery of education and one year of teaching experience (Multiple years of relevant teaching experience may substitute for the qualification),
- Experience in teaching at Foundation Studies level, VCE or equivalent, or at University level,
- High-level interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral), and their use within a culturally diverse education community or similar environment,
- A commitment to academic excellence and an understanding of Australian educational practices,
- Well-developed computer literacy, including the capability to guide students in the use of iPad technology and online learning environments, and
- Demonstrated experience in computer programming, particularly with Matlab/Octave.
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic, flexible, have an ability to develop rapport with overseas students in a program that emphasis independent learning.
Salary Range: B2 – B4 FTE $69,134 - $78,043 plus 10% superannuation and 17.5% leave loading
Enquiries: Dr Sasha Cyganowski Email: email@example.com or,
Jessica Mullin Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For your application to be considered, you must address the key selection criteria outlined in the position description along with your resume.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Applications close by 9am Monday 29th January 2018