Work Integrated Learning Liaison Coordinator, Science
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE
$78,578 - $84,902pa pro rata (HEW 6)
PART-TIME (0.6 FTE), FIXED TERM (12 months)
The School of Science at Edith Cowan University (ECU) offer undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees in a wide range of scientific disciplines. This role is aligned with the Science discipline and the courses taught within.
A strategic focus for the School is the employability of its graduating students. The WIL Liaison Coordinator for the Science discipline in the School is responsible for establishing and managing relationships with industry partners as well as matching undergraduate/postgraduate students to work placements in the area of Science. This position reports to the Associate Dean (Science) and works closely with the Associate Dean Teaching and Learning and will suit an individual who can confidently meet the following selection criteria.
- Has worked in the discipline area of Science, including Natural Sciences, Environmental Management, Marine Ecosystems and Wildlife Conservation, Biological Science, Chemistry, Maths or Physics.
- Has an understanding of and experience in higher education.
- Has or is capable of establishing networks in the relevant industry.
- Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise numerous tasks with minimal supervision.
- Interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop good relationships and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- An understanding of STEM is an advantage.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Current driving licence – level C is required
Benefits & Remuneration
This part time, fixed term (12 Months) position attracts remuneration of $78,578 - $84,902 pa pro rata plus 9.5% superannuation.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact Phyll Mahon (Operations Manager) on (08) 6304 6013 or Mary Boyce (08) 6304 5273 for more information.
Please note that the University will be closed over the Essential Services Period, 23 December 2017 to 8 January 2018, and the abovementioned staff will not be contactable during this time.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume along with a covering letter (covering letter no more than 2 pages) outlining your suitability for the role, with particular focus on addressing the selection criteria above.
Interviews will be held early February 2018 with a commencement date as soon as practicable from that date.
Sunday 21st January 2018 at 11.30PM WST
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION.
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Biological Sciences Other Professional Services jobs in Joondalup
- Fixed Term Mathematics & Statistics Other Professional Services jobs in Joondalup
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Other Professional Services jobs in Joondalup
- Fixed Term Life sciences Other Professional Services jobs in Joondalup
- Fixed Term Physics & Astronomy Other Professional Services jobs in Joondalup