Channel Communications Specialist
- Marketing, Recruitment and Channel Integration
- HEW 6: $74,894 - $80,845 plus 17% super
- Full-time, 24-month fixed term contract, Hawthorn location
Swinburne University of Technology has a long, proud history of educating and training students for over 100 years. Swinburne focuses on providing high-quality, career-oriented education with strong links to industry and the community. Swinburne currently has over 54,000 students.
About the role
- Drive the growth of a key customer segment
- Be part of implementing the full Adobe Experience Cloud
- Deliver a diverse mix of strategic marketing communications campaigns
In support of our student acquisition and retention objectives, we have created an exciting opportunity for a digitally-led marketing communications professional to join the Marketing Services and Technology team as Channel Communications Specialist (Future Students).
In this role, you will contribute to the planning and implementation of a broad range of marketing communications activities for the future students audience segment. With strong writing skills, and a strategic mindset, you will apply a customer-first approach to drive outcomes across the awareness, engagement, and conversion targets for this key audience segment.
Supporting the Channel Communications Manager (Future Students), and working collaboratively with a broad range of internal clients, you will enjoy unpacking complex concepts, and building trusted relationships. And with a focus on continuous growth and improvement, you will thrive on using insights and feedback to both optimise existing activity, and identify new opportunities.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Degree level qualification in marketing, communications or related fields with subsequent relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Experience implementing communications and marketing plans across numerous channels to achieve successful outcomes on time, scope and budget.
- Experience writing and editing on-brand communications for a range of audiences and campaigns, including automation, social, content, web, and email.
- Experience in using technology to improve the process and performance of marketing communications activity.
A full list of the selection criteria is available in the position description
As a Swinburne staff member you will have access to many benefits such as career development opportunities including 50% study reduction and staff and management development programs. You will receive up to 17% employer contributions (pension) and various discounts on annual Myki cards, private health insurance and movie tickets. We also recognise the need to support the work/life balance and flexible needs of our staff. As such a range of flexible working arrangements including paid maternity/partner leave, onsite childcare, working from home and part time options are available.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit:
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the university workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2015 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2020 vision to be Australia’s leading university of science, technology and innovation.
How to apply
To start an application, click on 'begin' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information, please contact Mat Bartnik on +61 3 9214 5767.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties submitting your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Refer to position numbers: 31878
Applications close: 11pm on Sunday 14 January 2018