PhD Scholarship, Centre for Social Impact Swinburne
- PhD Scholarship, Centre for Social Impact Swinburne
- Faculty of Business & Law
- 3 years, Hawthorn Campus
About the scholarship
The purpose of these positions is to advance the research performance of the Centre for Social Impact Swinburne in priority areas, while providing research training to high quality candidates who will make a forward contribution to engaged research in social impact.
The Centre for Social Impact Swinburne currently have opportunities for three PhD Scholarships commencing in March 2018.
We are seeking candidates who will take on priority projects detailed below. Candidates are also welcome to submit a project proposal for consideration in CSI Swinburne’s key research areas of: social investment and philanthropy; enterprise for social goals; and measuring and communicating social impacts.
Priority research projects include:
- Evaluating Social Impact Bonds in Australia
- Community Driven Development Strategies in Peripheral Regions
- Economic Outcomes for Humanitarian Migrants in Australia
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- A Bachelor degree honours and/or a Research Master’s degree with H1 or 2A equivalence in a discipline relevant to the social impact and policy innovation, program evaluation, and/or migration health and wellbeing.
- Skills, experience and willingness to undertake practical research that meets industry needs
- Demonstrated strong social and adaptive communication skills to interact with a range of people from community, industry and the university sector
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
How to apply
To start an application click on begin at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description below.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Jo Barraket on +61 3 92143881 or email email@example.com.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 19th January 2018