Associate Professor/Professor in Cyber Security
School of Electrical and Data Engineering
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The School of Electrical and Data Engineering is seeking an Academic to lead the continuing development of Cyber Security in the school. Additionally, this role will be a leader in the school and advance the research profile of the school and wider faculty.
The School of Electrical and Data Engineering is deeply engaged in research of national and international standing in electronics and communications, signal processing and data analytics, networking, Cyber security, and electrical power and energy systems.
The School hosts 3 IEEE Fellows and 3 ARC DECRA grant holders and we conduct research funded by government agencies and national and international industry partners. In addition, the School is associated with the Global Bid Data Technology Centre (GBDTC), a major research centre at UTS. The School boasts outstanding research recognition with the recent ARWU 2017 subject rankings placing both Electrical Engineering and Computer Science in the top 100 globally.
This role will provide academic, research and professional leadership, develop and lead research and industry engagement activities in Cyber security. The Associate Professor or Professor will deliver teaching in the specialist areas of Cyber security, at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Additionally responsibilities will include:
- Provide academic leadership in Cyber Security course and subject development
- Act as a mentor to junior academics and researchers to elevate their research and teaching capabilities
- Foster the PhD programs in Cyber Security
- Be a strong research leader and actively contribute to the school’s research strategy
- Play an active and leading role in Cyber Security industry engagement
- Collaborate with research across the discipline, school and wider academic community
- Play an active role in the leadership, strategic direction of the school, additionally engage and participate in special projects at the request of the Head of School
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills:
- High level capacity and skills in the development and delivery of subjects in Cyber Security for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- Demonstrated ability to mentor young academics and research and a proven track record in collaboration
- Familiarity with relevant industry practices within the wider Electrical and Data Engineering discipline and a specific focus on Network and Cyber Security
- A PhD in Electrical Engineering or closely related disciplines
- Excellent experience in scholarly research and demonstrated capacity to gain significant research grants and an ability to forge links with industry and external stakeholders
- Excellent publication record in top-tier International Journals in the area of Cyber Security
Base Salary Range: $146,412 to $182,053pa (Level D/E)
This role attracts 17%superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will be on a continuing basis.
How To Apply
Please click on the apply link to be taken to the UTS job website.
Closing Date: Wednesday 31st January 2018 at 11.59 pm (AEST)
UTS is widely acknowledged as a leader in promoting gender equity and social justice. Cited as a WGEA Employer of Choice since the inception of the award, UTS is a current participant in the SAGE pilot program, the Australian trial of the Athena Swan gender equity accreditation program. We welcome applications from women, particularly for senior and non-traditional roles.