- Contribute to the PM Glynn Institute’s strategic research priorities
- Undertake research and analysis of quantitative data from a wide range of resources
- Full time, continuing position based in North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The PM Glynn Institute was established by Australian Catholic University in 2016 to provide the Catholic community with a standing capacity to analyse public policy issues of concern not only to the Catholic Church and its services, but to the wider Australian community as well. The three major focuses for the public policy work of the Institute are the place of religion in secular democratic societies, the future of human rights, and sources of hope in a time of anger and disengagement. The Senior Analyst works closely with Institute staff and project teams to ensure a strong empirical basis for the Institute’s research and policy development in these areas, and for stand-alone projects.
As Senior Analyst you will:
- undertake secondary analysis of quantitative data informed by an understanding of perspectives from the social sciences, such as sociology, economics and demography.
- initiate and conduct quantitative and qualitative research in support of the Institute’s research priorities
- lead specific research projects
- lead or contribute to the writing of research reports, funding applications and collaboration of presentations for project partners and stakeholders.
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- post graduate qualifications in an area involving quantitative research such as economics, politics, sociology of religion, demography or statistics
- excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills
- extensive experience in public policy work or other relevant areas
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description FINAL PD Senior Analyst. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $128,130 - $136,725 pa, including salary component $108,349 - $115,695 p.a. Higher Education Worker Level 9, employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Dr Michael Casey, Director, PM Glynn Institute on Michael.Casey@acu.edu.au.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: TUESDAY 16 JANUARY 2018
Applications close: 16 Jan 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Permanent Economics & Econometrics Other Research Related jobs in North Sydney
- Permanent Politics & International Studies Other Research Related jobs in North Sydney
- Permanent Social Sciences Other Research Related jobs in North Sydney
- Permanent Business & Economics Other Research Related jobs in North Sydney
- Permanent Sociology Other Research Related jobs in North Sydney