Head, AITHM Operations
Provide operational leadership, management and business development to build a world-leading tropical health and medical research institute.
- Work for a world-leading University
- Undertake a senior leadership role
- $132,613 - $164,569 plus 17% superannuation
We offer an exciting opportunity for a Head, AITHM Operations to join our world-leading institution at James Cook University (JCU). A fixed term appointment for 5 years from commencement, this position is based in Townsville in picturesque Tropical North Queensland.
What you can accomplish in this role?
This is a key leadership role to provide operational leadership, day-to-day management and financial development of the Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine (AITHM). You will actively seek to develop and generate business opportunities and promote the institute both nationally and internationally to achieve the goal of building a world leading tropical health and medical research institute.
- Lead AITHM planning processes in developing strategic, business and operational plans and policies;
- Generate, stimulate and develop business and financial opportunities within AITHM through International, National and Internal Development and Engagement for a variety of funding opportunities;
- Lead and oversee the marketing and promotion of AITHM including developing and implementing a strategic communications plan for AITHM; production of promotional and outreach materials and management of the AITHM website.
What you can bring to this role?
As a leading professional in your field, together with postgraduate qualifications in commerce, business or management, you will use your industry experience, entrepreneurship and collaboration skills to build trust-based, client-focussed relationships with a variety of stakeholders that initiate and establish significant entrepreneurial projects leading to high quality results and income generation.
You will also have:
- High level commercial and financial management skills, including the ability to undertake market and business analysis; write funding submissions; construct business cases; undertake risk assessments and develop reports.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and operational planning, building brand recognition and marketing of an organisation.
- Leadership, management and decision making skills to ensure a culture of high performance customer service, teamwork and innovation.
Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
Through its research, teaching and engagement activities, the Division of Tropical Health and Medicine at James Cook University is at the forefront of improving health in rural, remote, Indigenous and tropical communities within Australia and world-wide.
The Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine (AITHM) is a newly-established health and medical research institute within the Division of Tropical Health & Medicine that is funded by both state and federal governments. AITHM’s focus is on research in tropical health and medicine across a wide range of disciplines, with a particular focus on northern Australia, Papua New Guinea, and the Asia-Pacific region.
JCU offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth as well as diverse career opportunities. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
- generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- five weeks’ annual recreation leave
- flexible working arrangements
- attractive options for salary packaging
- Well-equipped, modern facilities
- Enthusiastic, committed and talented staff
- Balance of work and life so you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle that supports a diverse range of leisure and sporting interests.
Join us on our journey as we develop research that makes a real difference, for a full position description and instructions on how to apply please visit our dedicated careers page at: https://www.jcu.edu.au/careers-at-jcu
Applications close: 17 January 2018
Vacancy reference: 16244