Associate Professor in Psychology
- Teaching (or Teaching and Research) focus
- Supervise 4th year and post-graduate students
- Full time, continuing appointment based at our Campus at Banyo in Brisbane, Australia
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Operating within the Faculty of Health Sciences, the School of Psychology aims for excellence in teaching and research. The School has over 30 academic staff nationally at Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne campuses. In the recent 2015 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) assessment, ACU received the top score of five in Human Movement and Sports Science (1106), Nursing (1110), Public Health and Health Services (1117) and Psychology (1701). As an Associate Processor, you would be expected to provide leadership in building teaching scholarship, support the leadership in achieving the strategic intent of the university, and implementing strategic initiatives at a Faculty and School level.
More specifically you will:
- contribute to curriculum development
- prepare and deliver lectures, seminars and tutorials across a range of postgraduate psychology units
- provide clinical supervision for postgraduate students
- contribute to the School, Faculty, and University through professional service and community engagement.
You will need to demonstrate:
- possession of a PhD in Psychology
- registration as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and membership of the Australian Psychological Society
- area of practice endorsement in clinical psychology with Psychology Board of Australia and approved by the Board as a supervisor for higher-degree placements
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to AU$161,833 - AU$178,148 pa, including salary component AU$137,159 - AU$151,103 pa (Academic Classification Level D), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Professor John Gleeson, National Head, School of Psychology via email to email@example.com
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Applications Close: Tuesday 27 February 2018