Senior Scientific Programmer Analyst, IS&T Scientific Computing
Lead the technical aspects of Research Computing services and service components related to consulting, training, scientific application package support, and the development, porting, and optimization of research computing software and algorithms focused on machine learning and deep learning. Serve as the primary support contact for faculty and graduate students on complex projects and issues which require in depth knowledge of the multiple technical areas, as well as the core computational research tools which they utilize. Work directly with faculty and other academic stakeholders to assess needs and recommend solutions as a representative of the Research Computing team.
- Masters or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the field of Engineering, Computer science or related field.
- Strong analytical skills required with an ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables.
- Proven understanding of machine learning/deep learning concepts and current machine learning techniques such as RNNs, CNNs, LSTM, etc.
- Proficiency in Python required.
- Experience with using deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Theano, Caffe.
- Experience working in Linux environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new programming languages.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work well both independently as well as in a team.
- Experience utilizing and scripting for Linux HPC clusters.
- Hands-on experience in installing and programming common frameworks such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, Theano, Caffee, etc.
- Understanding of other programming environments such as R, Spark ML, MATLAB, C, and bash are highly desired.
- GPU programming experience (CUDA or OpenCL) highly desired.