Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Small Animal Surgery
School of Veterinary Science
Founded in 1936, the School of Veterinary Science has a rich history and a reputation for graduating self-reliant, independent and highly capable veterinarians with plenty of initiative and drive. The School has high quality facilities at the UQ Gatton Campus, providing the teaching, research and clinical infrastructure and resources to develop its strong reputation as a leading provider of veterinary training, research and clinical care. The school also maintains a Small Animal Hospital and Large Animal Clinic at Dayboro, north-west of Brisbane.
This position involves teaching small animal surgery within the undergraduate veterinary science program and other programs as required. The appointee will be required to provide leadership within the teaching teams in the surgery area, have a commitment to and enthusiasm for student education, have the ability to supervise postgraduate and fellowship students, and be able to contribute, initiate and participate in the School's postgraduate research projects, in collaboration with external agencies.
Applicants for this position should possess the following:
- A degree in Veterinary Science, registrable in Queensland (a PhD and/or national recognition as a leader in the discipline is required for Level D appointments).
- For Level C and D appointments, eligibility for specialist registration as a small animal surgeon in Queensland. For Level B appointments, a recognised track-record of performing at an advanced clinical level (for example, through completion of a residency training program).
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the area of small animal surgery.
- Demonstrated ability to teach students and develop innovative teaching programs in surgery.
This is a full-time continuing appointment at Academic Level B/C/D depending on qualification and experience.
The base remuneration package will be in the range:
- Level B- $92,142- $109,419 p.a., plus employer superannuation contributions of up to 17% (total package will be in the range $107,807 - $128,020 p.a.).
- Level C- $112,874- $130,150 p.a., plus employer superannuation contributions of up to 17% (total package will be in the range $132,063- $152,276 p.a.).
- Level D - $135,909- $149,731 p.a., plus employer superannuation contributions of up to 17% (total package will be in the range $159,014- $175,185 p.a.)
To discuss this role, please contact Professor Nigel Perkins on +61 7 5460 1834 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit an application for this role, use the Apply button below. All applicants must supply the following documents: Cover letter, Resume and Selection Criteria responses.
For information on completing the application process click here.