Executive Director, Professional Programmes
Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Victoria Business School
Faculty of Commerce
Victoria University of Wellington is New Zealand's globally-minded capital city university, focused on engaging with Wellington, New Zealand and the Asia-Pacific region and connecting with the world.
Victoria Business School is among just 75 business schools worldwide that hold the 'triple crown' of international accreditations of the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the Association of MBAs (AMBA). We are among a select group of business schools worldwide and one of only three in Australasia and the only one in New Zealand to have achieved dual AACSB accreditation in business and accounting.
The Executive Director, Professional Programmes will hold a strategic position within Victoria Business School providing leadership and management for all Professional Masters Programmes whilst ensuring their growth and financial viability, and building and maintaining strategic partnerships with businesses, government and community organisations. The Executive Director will be responsible for overall programme leadership, student experience and service to the University and the wider community.
Key selection criteria:
- A completed Masters, J.D., PhD or other relevant qualifications in a relevant field
- Experience leading a commercially viable portfolio of professional service offerings
- Ability to develop and maintain strategic partnerships with business, government and community organisations
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with and lead individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Displays strong character of being fair minded, responsible, and capable of representing Victoria Business School when engaging with stakeholders
- Demonstrated evidence of good oral and written communication skills
Applications are welcome from candidates with experience from diverse industries, including experience inside and/or outside of the academic environment.
Victoria Business School is a rewarding place to work which offers a great team environment, conveniently located in Wellington's CBD.
Applications close Sunday, 11 February 2018.
Victoria University of Wellington is an EEO employer and actively seeks to meet its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi.
For more information and to apply online visit http://www.victoria.ac.nz/about/careers/current-vacancies