International Communications Officer
Macquarie is the University of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing the Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
Macquarie International (MI) supports a broad range of international engagement activities including international fee-paying student recruiting, outbound student and staff mobility, and management of a global network of institutional relationships that support research and teaching objectives. As the international arm of the University, MI's activities across the world protect and enhance the reputation of the University, are student focused and embody the highest professional and ethical standards.
The International Communications team is seeking an International Communications Officer to coordinate the implementation of the International Communications plan and to provide marketing support for Macquarie International.
The responsibilities will include and not be limited to:
- Build and manage relationships with internal stakeholders (Group Marketing and Global Engagement & Business Development Team) and external suppliers to coordinate and implement Macquarie International’s Communication plan.
- Manage projects, and events (both webinars & offline events) relating to the University’s International recruitment activities.
- Contribute to the development of content & advertising strategies that reach target international audiences.
- Design and develop clear persuasive content which aligns with brand guidelines and is appropriate for the channel (email, newsletter, web, social media etc) and audience.
- Provide support to the Associate Director, International Communications to scope, monitor, evaluate and report on achievement against project objectives.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
To be considered for this position, please apply online with a CV and attach a separate 1-2 page cover letter, referencing the selection criteria below:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, basic HTML and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications or related field is desirable.
- Experience writing and editing long and short form marketing copy.
- Experience working in social media, journalism, design, advertising media relations or a related field.
- Working as part of a team to develop and execute marketing initiatives.
- Foreign language skills would be an asset.
- Cross-cultural communication skills would be desirable.
Salary Package: From $80,231 – $88,561 p.a. (Level 6), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Full time, Continuing
Enquiries: Marcus Bingemann – Associate Director, International Communications on email@example.com
Applications Close: 21 January 2018, Sunday at 11:55pm AEST
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.