Director, India Gateway
Director, India Gateway
Global Gateways, Office of International Affairs
The main purpose of the position is to oversee Ohio State’s strategic engagement in India. Ohio State has long been in engaged in India, and established its overseas Gateway office in Mumbai, India in 2012. The university is seeking a new innovative, entrepreneurial and outward-focused director to oversee the strategy and operations of the India Gateway, and to manage six local staff in achieving university objectives and goals.
The India Gateway Director position is physically located in Mumbai, India, and is employed under the parent organization of the OSU Global Gateway India Private Limited. The position reports to the Director of Global Gateways on Ohio State’s main campus in Columbus, Ohio, USA.
The Ohio State University was founded in 1870 as a land-grant university in the state of Ohio. As one of the nation’s largest universities, Ohio State comprises fifteen separate colleges, enrolls over 65,000 students annually, and operates on a $6.8 billion annual budget.
The university's main campus in Columbus is one of America's largest and most comprehensive. As Ohio's best and one of the nation's top-20 public universities, Ohio State is further recognized by a top-rated academic medical center and a premier cancer hospital and research center. As a land-grant university, Ohio State has a physical presence throughout the state, with campuses and research centers located around Ohio.
For further information about Ohio State, please visit www.osu.edu.
The successful candidate for his position will develop and maintain excellent working relationships with faculty and staff in The Ohio State University Colleges and Central Service Units, other Global Gateways and with partner organizations. The India Gateway Director will also work with stakeholders and external providers as required to perform effectively in the position.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement strategy in consultation with Director of Global Gateways to support Ohio State’s academic mission in India
- Conduct periodic review & assessment of strategic plans to include mission and performance metrics
- Work with Ohio State faculty and staff on international engagement in India including planning and executing conferences, seminars, workshops, and presentations in-country;
- Identify and share potential external funding sources to support Ohio State’s research and teaching engagements in India and in greater South Asia;
- Provide project management and logistics support to Ohio State faculty and staff teams engaged in work in India; develop detailed timelines and project plans for major initiatives;
- Work with Ohio State partner organizations to promote student mobility, both inbound and outbound, in India; liaise with student recruitment teams at the undergraduate and graduate level to develop recruitment targets and support recruitment activities; partner with academic units as well as the education abroad office to support programs in India for current students.
- Conduct business development activities and ensure effective management of contracts with partners and providers
- Identify, source, negotiate, and secure new partnership opportunities with academia, government, and the business communities for Ohio State to build and enhance its research and teaching mission in India;
- Negotiate, prepare and monitor contracts with partners and providers to ensure all requirements are met in line with agreed budgets;
- Develop, implement and maintain effective systems for communications, marketing and stakeholder relations;
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships within Ohio State and other partner universities, and with external partner organizations and stakeholders in India.
- Staff and operations management
- Provide effective leadership and management to create a positive environment in which staff are motivated and innovative, championing the performance development and review process, providing staff with effective coaching and feedback on their performance;
- Oversee compliance and operations of India Gateway corporate entity (OSU Global Gateway India Private Limited Company) in Mumbai;
- Manage the India Gateway finances and bank account.
- Communications and marketing management
- Ensure all program development, project management and delivery processes are of a consistently high standard and meet the requirements of the Global Gateways;
- Develop and implement effective reporting and evaluation systems;
- Develop, maintain, and oversee periodic newsletters and social media content to build the brand and profile of Ohio State in India as well as inform stakeholders at Ohio State and abroad of India Gateway initiatives and activities;
- Maintain communication and collaboration with Ohio State alumni both in-country and with the Indian diaspora community in Ohio to further Ohio State academic mission and to enhance Ohio State’s brand and profile.
Applicants should have a university degree with relevant experience in business, law, academia, government, etc., a knowledge of India and United States higher education landscapes, and experience in managing projects and programs in a public research university setting. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated people and financial management skills, including a record of successful management of budgets. He/She will have excellent written and oral communication skills, which they employ to engage effectively with diverse external business and industry stakeholders and to develop global partnerships, including drafting, negotiating, and managing contracts.
An advanced degree, knowledge of The Ohio State University, and a permanent work authorization in India are desirable.
The closing date for this position is Monday, January 15, 2018. Applicants for this position should email their CV, cover letter, and any additional attachments to email@example.com.
Christopher Carey – Director of Global Gateways
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Cover Letter
1. Reference List