Dean, Faculty of Performing Arts
LASALLE College of the Arts is at the leading edge of contemporary arts education in Asia and works in close partnership with GOLDSMITHS, University of London, which validates its degree programmes and collaborates on teaching exchanges and research initiatives. It has set an agenda for excellence to bring the College to the forefront of international arts pedagogy, practice and research.
DEAN, FACULTY OF PERFORMING ARTS
The Faculty of Performing Arts, is one of three Faculties within LASALLE College of the Arts in Singapore. It encourages innovation in artistic practice and research. The Faculty offers a range of practice-led programmes at both Diploma and BA (Hons) Degree levels comprising Music, Audio Production, Performance, Dance, Acting, Musical Theatre, and Technical & Production Management.
As Dean, you will lead the faculty and be responsible for sustaining a forward-looking environment of academic and professional excellence for students and staff within a wider environment that values collaboration with other faculties.
You will have extensive professional and tertiary-level teaching experience and be committed to furthering the development of practice-based arts education. You will contribute to the development of learning and teaching procedures, administrative policies, curriculum development, and research.
You will chair various Faculty Board groups and ensure compliance with institutional quality assurance systems. You will also be the leading advocate of the Faculty promoting its programmes in Singapore and internationally. You will be expected to pursue your own artistic practice and / or research.
As Dean, you will be responsible for managing the financial performance of the programmes of the Faculty. You will lead your team, comprising the Heads of School within the Faculty, its Programme Leaders, other academic colleagues - both full-time and part-time, as well as administrative and technical staff.
- Relevant postgraduate degree (PhD, MA) or equivalent.
- At least 15 years experience in teaching and academic management at tertiary level.
- Distinguished track record of research and / or practice in a relevant field.
- Experience in leading teaching staff in a practice-led institution.
- Extensive understanding of academic quality assurance frameworks for learning and teaching within higher education.
- Experience of programme approval procedures.
- Ability to work successfully within a multicultural context.
- Strong leadership, organisational, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective planning and resource management skills.
Please email your application to the Director of Human Resources at email@example.com or post it to
Director - Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Please include a letter of interest, one-page teaching philosophy, current CV and any relevant supporting materials.
Closing date is 19 January 2018 OR until position is filled.
More information on the Institution can be found at www.lasalle.edu.sg
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.