Job Title: Commercial Director
The Language Gallery (TLG) is an international language school offering students from all corners of the world an opportunity to learn English or German in some of the world’s greatest cities. TLG is committed to offering students an exceptional experience, where students progress faster, feel confident speaking a new language, and have a great time whilst exploring a new city.
Having seen growth in the last few years- we are now delighted to start a formal search for a Commercial Director for The Language Gallery- a role which will be responsible for the commercial success of the brand globally.
Reporting into the Global Managing Director, the role holder will be responsible for providing the commercial strategy for TLG, to achieve on the Global Managing Director’s objectives, as well as the execution of TLG’s annual growth objectives in areas relating to:
- Student Recruitment
- Expansion of TLG’s product portfolio
- The establishment of new locations (either organically or via M&A)
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
- Working with the Global Managing Director, the role holder will be responsible to prepare a growth plan along with an annual business plan
- To foster a culture of excellence among TLG’s student recruitment. To oversee the expansion of TLG locations both in the UK and globally, including the expansion of the Juniors portfolio, where TLG sees tremendous growth potential
- To oversee all product development initiatives- ensuring new programs and products are not only commercially viable, but also at the forefront of the industry
- To keep the TLG board, along with the Global Managing Director, aware of developments within the market and to ensure that the appropriate policies are developed and actions are taken
- Monitor progress against plans to ensure that The Language Gallery attains its objectives as effectively and efficiently as possible
- To implement the necessary culture, systems and processes to ensure all of TLG’s international locations and staff members are working collaboratively, conductive to achieving on TLG’s commercial objectives
- The day-to-day management of the Student Recruitment department, headed by the Student Recruitment Director
- Working closely with the world’s leading agencies and ensuring the TLG’s Key Accounts are managed effectively and strategically
- Identifying new business opportunities in existing and new markets
- To provide valid information and market feedback on the industry trends, which will become the basis for strategic planning and forecasting for management
- To ensure that all direct reports comply with the Company’s core Policies and Procedures as detailed within the Company Employee Handbook and/or communicated by the HR department from time to time
- At least 10 years of experience within the Education and/or English Language sector
- At least 5 years of leadership experience, managing large international teams and operations
- Proven track-record of growth and business development
- Knowledge of foreign languages is an asset
- Proven experience of developing and managing long term customer relationships
- Highly analytical and capable to use data, analysis and insight to drive business performance
- A pre-existing network of Agents and Educational Partners is a key asset for this role
To apply, please send an up to date copy of your CV and Covering Letter stating out clearly how you meet the essential requirements to Max.Etingen@gus.global or contact a member of the team to discuss further.
Please note: Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
TLG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.