Lecturer in Nursing
Functional Unit: School of Nursing, Midwifery & Paramedicine (NSW and ACT)
Work Type: Continuing full time
- Provide lectures, tutorials and laboratory classes within the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine
- Contribute to scholarship within the discipline of nursing and/or learning and teaching
- 3 Full-time, Continuing positions available at our MacKillop Campus in North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine NSW / ACT comprises a team of highly motivated and dedicated academic and professional staff who have built a strong teaching and learning environment as evidenced by student demand, entry levels, and student course experience evaluation over several years.
As a Lecturer in Nursing you will develop and provide lecture, tutorial and laboratory classes in relevant subjects and contribute to the teaching performance of the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine.
Your role will include:
- teaching and assessing undergraduate / postgraduate level students as appropriate, including subject coordination
- contribute to the supervision of Honours, Masters and / or PhD by coursework students
- contributing to scholarship within the discipline and participating in campus and university committees
- involvement with professional activities within and outside the university.
Ideally you will be able to teach in the area of Indigenous health, medical / surgical nursing, ethics, palliative care, aged care, evidence based practice and / or acute care although other areas of expertise will be considered. You will also need to demonstrate:
- a Doctorate (or substantial progress towards a Doctorate) in Nursing
- tertiary teaching experience
- commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University.
- current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description, as well as indicating if they are applying for a full-time or part-time role.
Total remuneration valued to $114,172 - $136,629 pa, including salary component $96,477 - $113,908 pa (Academic Classification Level B), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Associate Professor Johnson, State Head of School of Nursing, Midwifery & Paramedicine NSW/ACT on 0475 982 096 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 29 January 2018