Associate Dean, International
Make a real impact! Enjoy state-of-the-art facilities and quality collaboration with global leaders in research, education and innovation.
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
We aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
The Faculty of Engineering at UNSW is a national and international leader in engineering research and education. It is the largest Engineering Faculty in Australia, graduating the largest number of engineers and with the largest research expenditure.
The Faculty comprises 9 Schools. In 2017 total student enrolment was almost 15,500, including Australia’s largest number of international students studying Engineering.
The Faculty has approximately 700 staff, with 60% holding academic positions, and a budget of approximately $237million. External research income to the Faculty was $55million in 2016, of which $22 million came from outside national competitive grant schemes; the highest in Australia university sector by both metrics.
We are responsive to the needs of industry, adaptive to change and take an innovative approach to teaching and learning.
About the Role:
The Associate Dean International is a senior leadership role in UNSW Engineering. The Associate Dean International supports the Dean by providing sound strategic advice and support to develop and implement the faculty’s international strategic direction
The Associate Dean International works collegially and constructively as a member of the Faculty of Engineering Executive, and maintains an effective working relationship with all parts of the Faculty, Global Partnerships within the Division of External Relations and with other Associate Deans International and key stakeholders across the University to ensure that UNSW Australia is positioned as a leading University in Engineering in the Asia-Pacific region. The Associate Dean International is also an advocate for UNSW Engineering and UNSW in all external contexts, in Australia and internationally.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Positioning the faculty’s international profile as a:
- Leading study destination for international students
- Research partner of choice for academic, industry and government partners around the world
- Attractive employment destination for world-class researchers
- Educator of the future workforce
- Developing strategic education, research and knowledge exchange partnerships
- Developing innovative pathways to support greater mobility, enhanced overseas student experiences and a highly internationalised curriculum
- Overseeing the Faculty’s student recruitment activities and championship of the Faculty’s international student diversification strategy
- You are fluent in more than one language, preferably with a focus in the Asian region.
- You could be an established researcher who wishes to develop senior leadership qualities.
- Or in an existing leadership role in one of the STEM areas and want to represent an engineering faculty and further develop relationships and connections globally.
- You are a passionate, engaging and energetic leader who will command respect from senior faculty stakeholders and enthusiastically represent UNSW Engineering internationally.
- With proven experience as a strategic leader preferably in the university sector or an engineering related industry, you will thrive in this highly visible role within the Engineering faculty.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Closing date: 28/01/2018