Associate Dean, Postgraduate Coursework
Make a real impact! Enjoy state-of-the-art facilities and quality collaboration with global leaders in research, education and innovation.
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
We aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
The Faculty of Engineering at UNSW is a national and international leader in engineering research and education. It is the largest Engineering Faculty in Australia, graduating the largest number of engineers and with the largest research expenditure.
The Faculty comprises 9 Schools. In 2017 total student enrolment was almost 15,500, including Australia’s largest number of international students studying Engineering.
The Faculty has approximately 700 staff, with 60% holding academic positions, and a budget of approximately $237million. External research income to the Faculty was $55million in 2016, of which $22 million came from outside national competitive grant schemes; the highest in Australia university sector by both metrics.
We are responsive to the needs of industry, adaptive to change and take an innovative approach to teaching and learning.
About the Role:
The Associate Dean Postgraduate Coursework is a senior leadership role in UNSW Engineering. The Associate Dean Postgraduate Coursework supports the Dean by providing sound strategic advice and support to develop and implement the faculty’s strategic direction, particularly in the area of postgraduate coursework education.
The Associate Dean Postgraduate Coursework works collegially and constructively as a member of the Faculty of Engineering Executive, and maintains an effective working relationship with all parts of the Faculty, especially the Deputy and Associate Deans Education and Heads of School. They also work with other Associate Deans and key stakeholder across the University to ensure that UNSW Australia is positioned as a leading University in Engineering in the Asia-Pacific region.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development of a consistent postgraduate coursework offering in the faculty with increased efficiencies.
- Leading the transition of postgraduate education in the faculty to accommodate growth and new expectations in the sector
- Ensuring that UNSW Engineering is providing the highest quality postgraduate education, with graduates recognized as being the best prepared in the sector for professional roles
- Developing and implementing assessment methods to ensure that UNSW Engineering is admitting students most suitable for the education we provide
- Developing work integrated learning, internship etc. programme for postgraduate student both domestically and internationally to enhance their career prospects
- Introducing initiatives to raise postgraduate coursework inclusion and satisfaction
- You are a passionate, engaging and energetic leader who will command respect from senior faculty stakeholders.
- You have a personal ambition to enhance postgraduate education for all students.
- You are a professional educator who understand the importance of research and the quality of content to produce the ultimate postgraduate experience, you will thrive in this highly visible role within the Engineering faculty.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Closing date: 11/02/2018