Quality Performance Manager
Quality Performance Manager
Location : Manchester Boulton House
Closing Date : 05/01/2018
Employment Type : Permanent
Department : Commercial - Student Management Centre
Assist the Head of the Student Management Centre with the operation and management of all quality assurance matters within the Student Management Centre (SMC) ; to work with senior managers within the SMC to the develop, monitor, review, manage and implement appropriate internal quality assurance policies, procedures and systems Internal links: Schools, Academic Affairs, and Marketing.
Role and Main Responsibilities
- Implement appropriate quality assurance policies and procedures within the Student management Centre (SMC), working closely with Academic Affairs, the Schools and other stakeholders within BPP to ensuring that these policies conform to appropriate codes of practice and guidelines; both internal and external.
- Provide pro-active and informed advice on quality assurance matters to SMC colleagues] and represent the Student Management Centre (SMC) as appropriate.
- Create relevant procedures relating to the SMC and provide written reports on admissions related quality assurance activities for relevant committees when required
- Work with senior managers within the SMC to develop, establish, manage, monitor and review a range of systems to support the SMC’s quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular monitoring and compliance auditing of day to day admissions decisions and advice and information given to applicants and to produce monthly reports to the Head of SMC, identifying and implementing appropriate remedial actions and performance management plans
- Co-ordinate and manage the operation of the Quality Enhancement Audit process for University Admissions working closely with Academic Affairs and the Schools to refine and enhance that process annually
- Audit and benchmark quality assurance activities and support the dissemination of good practice within the SMC, related to sector wide admissions practice.
- Lead and organise development and training for SMC staff in quality assurance, compliance and enhancement processes including overseeing a regular programme of training on all programmes being offered delivered by faculty and key stakeholders within BPP.
- Ensure that all training explicitly reflects regulatory principles, standards, policies and best practice approaches.
- Lead the dissemination of wider sector best practice and contextual understanding through a range of formats for SMC staff.
- Promote a collaborative approach between BPP programme teams, University faculty and the SMC for all recruitment and admissions activities to enhance the student experience during the admissions journey.
- In consultation with faculty representatives and Academic Affairs, ensure that both are kept fully informed of relevant changes in our quality assurance processes and procedures and vice versa.
- Take the lead on appropriate quality assurance related projects within the SMC, when required, and act as the SMC representative for various institution-wide initiatives, as determined by the Head of the Student Management Centre.
- Remain informed of developments in UK higher education, related to the admissions process within the national quality assurance framework developed by the QAA and disseminating the significance and impact of these developments to SMC colleagues.
- Assist the Office of Regulation and Compliance to investigate complaints and appeals relating to admissions decisions and where relevant identify remedial action and performance management actions arising.
16. Line management responsibility for the Admissions Validation Officer(s)
- To adhere to BPP Equal Opportunities policy in all activities, and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the Health and Safety at work Act (1974) and relevant EC directives
- To adhere to the internal Ethics policy
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required for Role
- Educated to degree level or relevant work experience that demonstrates analytical and communication skills
- Confident user of databases and reporting tools
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to build and develop good working relationships across all levels over long periods of time
- Well organised and self-disciplined with the ability to work quickly and calmly under pressure within strict deadlines
- Able to work with speed and accuracy of information
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate individual accountability
- Computer literate with experience of MS word, excel and email packages
- Ability to work as a team player and on own initiative
- Previous experience in Higher Education or an Admissions Department
- Understanding of the QAA Quality Code
- Previous experience of Quality Assurance within Higher Education
- An awareness of good data management practice e.g. Freedom of Information, Data Protection