Head of the Staff Unit Internationalisation
At the soon to be established Staff Unit Internationalisation, affiliated to the Vice-Rector for Academic and International Affairs, the position as
Head of the Staff Unit Internationalisation
(Subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
will be available with an initial two-year time limitation based on § 31 TV-L (probationary leadership), to be filled at the earliest possible date. Following, a permanently appointment is intended. Balancing family and career is an important issue. The post is basically suitable for candidates seeking part-time employment.
In the course of increasing activities and projects for the implementation of the internationalisation strategy of TU Dresden, a new structure will be founded through the establishment of a Staff Unit for Internationalisation. In particular, the tasks of the Staff Unit will include the organisation of innovative internationalisation projects, third-party fundraising, networking of those involved in internationalisation at TU Dresden as well as advising the University Executive Board.
Tasks: management of the staff unit as well as the conception and implementation of university-wide projects, in particular:
- Professional and personnel management of a small team
- Development of central task packages for subordinate organisational units
- Networking with internal and non-university actors, especially with the Central University Administration, Schools, DRESDEN-concept partners, the City of Dresden etc.
- Advising the University Executive Board on strategic issues of internationalisation
- Preparation of recommendations on the strategic orientation of internationalisation activities and on its further profile refinement
- Implementation, evaluation and further development of the internationalisation strategy
- Planning, conception and execution of university-wide measures to implement the Internationalisation Strategy in dialogue-oriented procedures with internal and non-university actors
- Planning, conception and implementation of central, university-wide internationalisation projects
- Conducting analyses to assess the Internationalisation Strategy and related measures
- Acquisition of third-party funded projects in the field of internationalisation, preparation of application documents, preparation of project plans (organisation, time, structure plans), including implementation scenarios and controlling of project progress
- Leading workshops with internal and non-university actors in internationalisation
Requirements: In order to fulfil these tasks, you will have obtained a university degree for example in Business Administration or in the Social Sciences with a specialisation in Intercultural Management, International Relations or similar, and you have already gathered first professional experience in the field of Internationalisation, ideally in the university or science setting. It is also an advantage if you have already been able to acquire knowledge in organisational development and in labour and administrative law or are willing to quickly familiarise yourself with these topics. With your strategic vision, your analytically structured way of working and your strong communication skills, you present your ideas in a committed and responsible manner to various university members, such as the University Management, the Central University Administration, the Deans and the scientific non-professorial academic staff. You are able to fluently communicate in English with international partners and guests. You find it easy to establish networks with university members and non-university partners and to maintain them. Lastly, you embrace independence, openness and find working in a small team appealing.
If you have any questions about the job profile, Dr Schaffer, Advisor to the Vice-Rector for Academic and International Affairs, will be happy to assist you at +49 351/463 42591 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
If you think this profile describes you, we look forward to receiving your application, preferably by email via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single pdf document to email@example.com or alternatively to TU Dresden, Prorektor für Bildung und Internationales, 01062 Dresden no later than 30.01.2018 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies). Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Please find the german version under: https://tu-dresden.de/stellenausschreibung/5782.