Senior Venue Manager, Concierge
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Hospitality’s core purpose is to create a consistent and quality hospitality experience at UNSW.
Hospitality provides venue hosting and management, event management and coordination, catering, audio visual support, and theatre production to the UNSW community and external clients, across 5 main buildings and 40 spaces. Hospitality manages UNSW’s event venues including a residential business school, CBD based executive education centre, purpose built conference and events centre, and performing arts venues that are used for commercial and internal hire.
The business unit is commencing a journey to deliver an ambitious new business strategy that will increase product offerings and offer high end service levels, to result in a growth of client satisfaction, internal utilisation, revenue generation and customer experience being the key deliverable.
About the role
- $111K - $125K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
Venue Concierge is a newly formed team that will transform the guest and visitor experience in UNSW venues. The Manager will lead the team to provide superior customer service to internal and external clients, guests and visitors. The team will execute events seamlessly and drive the presentation of venues ensuring they are presented to the UNSW Hospitality standard.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have extensive experience in hospitality venue management and hosting
- The execution of dining, meetings, events and conferences, and driving service and presentation excellence
- Be a highly motivated experienced leader with success in training staff to deliver high hospitality service standards
- Tertiary qualification in Hospitality Management or equivalent competency gained through any other combination of education, training and hospitality experience
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Gregg Currie, Head of Hospitality
Applications close: 14th January 2018