Senior Event Manager
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Hospitality’s core purpose is to create a consistent and quality hospitality experience at UNSW.
Hospitality provides event coordination, catering, venue management, audio visual support, and theatre production to the UNSW community and external clients. Hospitality manages UNSW’s event venues including a residential business school, CBD based executive education centre, purpose built conference and events centre, and performing arts venues that are used for commercial and internal hire.
The business unit is commencing on a journey to deliver an ambitious new business strategy that will increase product offerings and service levels, to result in a growth of client satisfaction, internal utilisation, and revenue generation.
About the role
- $102K - $115K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
The Senior Event Manager will lead the Event Management team providing superior customer service to internal and external clients, and providing innovative ideas and solutions to bring client’s event to life and achieve their desired objectives and outcomes.
This exciting role suits an experienced leader with extensive conference and team management skills looking for a unique opportunity to be part of the future with UNSW Hospitality and establish and drive the new end to end event management and professional conference organising services.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a producer of high quality events
- Be a motivated leader and highly experienced event professional
- Tertiary qualification in Hospitality Management or Marketing or equivalent competency gained through any other combination of education, training and experience
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Hannah Sparke, General Manager
T: (61 2) 9385 1615
Applications close: 14th January 2018