CAPA The Global Education Network is committed to academic excellence, integrity and innovation in learning abroad. Our mission is to provide meaningful experiences that challenge and inspire students to analyze and explore complex political, cultural and social landscapes within urban environments. Through our commitment to personalized learning, global connections via technology and collaborative learning communities, we prepare students to live and work in a globally interdependent and diverse world. CAPA The Global Education Network is headquartered in Boston and operates programs in Buenos Aires, Dublin, Florence, Sydney, London and Shanghai.
CAPA is one of the leading and most respected organisations for internships abroad. A CAPA internship (work placement) is a unique opportunity for American students to gain a competitive edge by getting hands-on experience in one of the world’s leading cities. Internships can be in any field, depending on the student’s career and academic interests. The internship division organizes and monitors placements at the Sydney Centre. As an Internships Coordinator, you will provide internship and program services support for the CAPA Sydney Centre and for students interning with professional businesses in Sydney.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To research, develop and monitor internship sites/work placements for our students at organizations and businesses throughout Sydney.
- To work directly with businesses and organisations to help them understand the benefits of a CAPA intern and to educate them on their responsibilities in regard to the placement.
- To assist with the arrival and orientation of incoming interns, provide follow-up supervision and act as an onsite advisor for issues relating to student internships.
- To liaise with our US administration office during pre-departure and create thorough and accurate predeparture information for students.
- To maintain intern and site databases to a high level of accuracy.
- To attend CAPA events such as arrival and departure parties, mid-term dinners and special CAPA events
- To assist with other administrative tasks within the office and across departments as required.
- This role will also be cross trained to be able to assist the department of student affairs at busy times; this would involve further student care and advising as well as administration.
- To carry an emergency mobile phone outside of office hours on a one-week basis approximately every 6 weeks in rotation with other members of staff. Full training and back up resources will be provided.
- To perform other tasks designated by the Director of Program and Student Services and the Vice President of Global Internships as required for the smooth operation of the Sydney Centre and successful student programming.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum two year’s work experience in an office environment
- Excellent communication and customer services skills
- A high level of professionalism and comfort working with key people in businesses across Sydney
- Strong networking skills
- Ability to cold call prospective internship sites and develop a rapport
- Research skills to find new internship sites
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work well independently as well as across departments
- A high level of proficiency in computer software particularly Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- An aptitude for working with databases or CRM systems
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and job description
- The legal right to work in Australia
Preferred (but not required):
- Experience working with students
- Knowledge of the US education system
Hours of Work:
This is a full-time role. Weekend and evening work is sometimes required, and flexibility with hours is a must.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV along with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in the position, your salary expectations, and what skills and experience you have that make you a suitable candidate to: email@example.com.