Post Doctoral Research Fellow in Nottingham Health China Program, School of Economics
Closing Date: 28 February 2018
Contract Status: Full-time
Salary & Benefits: RMB 212, 000 to RMB 264,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
The post-doctoral research fellow post will support the research of Nottingham Health China program, which is a cross-campus, collaborative network of researchers and educators working together to make Ningbo City, and the wider Zhejiang province, a key centre for research driven, information technology centred, cost effective, evidence based health care in China. The focus of the research support will be related to the rising trend of several important non-communicable diseases, including hypertension, CVD, stroke, diabetes, cancer and mental illness. The role will require a strong quantitative analytical skill in the relevant research fields, such as medicine, epidemiology, public health, biostatistics, health services research, health policy or health economics. Current projects include research into the development of predictive scores for acute cardiovascular disease in China; the interaction among nutrition transition, obesity and diabetes in China; and the link between macroeconomics and mental health in China. The successful candidate will have an important role in beginning the analysis of routinely collected health care data in the Ningbo region – and work on these analyses in conjunction with local health care providers.
- A doctoral degree in a relevant discipline in epidemiology, biostatistics, public health, health service research, health policy or health economics.
- Demonstrated research skills.
- Demonstrated competency in using the statistical packages SPSS or Stata or both (preferably).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Chinese.
- Well rounded knowledge of standard office software.
- Evidence of past research experience such as a dissertation or employment as a research assistant.
- Good time management and attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Able to show personal initiative in design and conduct of projects, and work to tight deadlines.
- A team player who will help out others should the need arise.
- New Ph.D or received Ph.D. Degree within three years.
- Knowledge of statistical packages other than Stata or SPSS, such as R.
- Ability to use GIS software
- Evidence of previous skills or training on research.
- Publication of research papers in journals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To design, win external funding for and executes research in the fields of several non-communicable diseases, including hypertension and cardiovascular diseases, stroke, diabetes, cancer and mental health, in China. (75% effort).
- To design the sampling plan, questionnaire form for primary data collection, and the conduct of interviews. (5%).
- To support the organizing of workshop and international conference within UNNC campus for scholar exchange (5%)
- To coordinate the research collaborations between UNNC faculty and local research partners, including No. 1 and No. 2 hospitals in Ningbo and Ningbo’s CDC. (5%)
- To support other UNNC faculty members through occasional lectures, organizational leadership, Ph.D. student recruitment, and research collaborations (5% effort).
- To provide other assistance required by Profs Hubbard and Hsieh in promoting the Nottingham Health China program within UNNC campus and across universities in China and UK. (5% effort).
- To take part in staff development activities consistent with continuous professional development.
- Participate in training and staff development schemes as trainer or trainee as appropriate;
- Maintain appropriate professional development, expertise and awareness;
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here); http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/about/documents/applicationform.doc
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to email@example.com