Business Partner, Science and Engineering
- Delivering from Research Excellence in Engineering and Science
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Newly created position within Enterprise & Innovation
- Support and enable UNSW research and commercialisation goals
The Division of Enterprise has the responsibility of Knowledge Exchange for Social Progress on Economic Prosperity, delivering from Research Excellence, as part of the University’s 2025 Strategy.
The Division will significantly increase the University’s knowledge exchange revenue over the next five years through broad partnership with research organisations, industry and government and help transform Australia's economic base.
About the role
The Knowledge Exchange Business Partner will develop and maintain strong relationships and build capability within the Faculties of Engineering and Science o facilitate the achievement of the University’s knowledge exchange goals. As an embedded resource, the role will engage with academic staff to provide strategic support, coaching, guidance and education to promote knowledge exchange and generate revenue across all knowledge exchange channels. These include research partnerships (contract and collaborative), as well as consulting and continuing education.
As an expert in a relevant field within the Engineering and Science faculties, the Business Partner will operate as the key person between the Faculty and the Division of Enterprise.
A competitive salary commensurate with experience will be offered.
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications (preferably post-graduate)
- Significant experience in a relevant field within Engineering and/or Science
- Strong industry knowledge of the knowledge exchange process and a track record of achievement in developing and closing technology and R&D related business
- Strong ability to coach and influence researchers, senior management and stakeholders and build long lasting relationships
- Ability to identify opportunities at an early stage and develop them into a successful engagement
- Demonstrated experience in developing and writing business case for industry, government and external partner audiences
Your relationship and stakeholder management skills coupled with your ability to execute strategy on time and generate significant revenue will complement our team to achieve our 2025 strategy.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Contact: Nathan Wong
Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: 02 9385 3426
Applications Close: 21 January 2018