Lecturer in Applied Mathematics
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
In Macquarie's Faculty of Science and Engineering you'll join passionate researchers and educators blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery and exploration. Encouraged to think boldly, and supported by some of Australia's most outstanding facilities, brilliant minds converge in our Faculty to create incredible new possibilities: the world's first attempt to synthesize complex life, the creation of Wi-Fi, the discovery of dancing dwarf galaxies, and the development of blue LED light. Inspired by challenge and opportunity, we look forward to welcoming you as we imagine a new future together.
The Department of Mathematics is looking to appoint an outstanding applied mathematician whose research involves mathematical modelling with applications in science, engineering, and the technological and biological sciences. Applicants with research interests in asymptotic analysis, dynamical systems, fluid mechanics, numerical analysis/scientific computing and waves are particular encouraged.
Your Application must:
- Include your résumé/Curriculum Vitae
- Explicitly address the selection criteria which are given below
- Include your residency status
- Include the names, addresses and/or email details of three referees
To be considered for this position, candidates must submit a resume and a separate document responding to the selection criteria below, as part of their application:
- A PhD or equivalent in an area of Applied Mathematics, or a related field
- Demonstrated research ability that supports the Department’s research interests in applied mathematics
- A strong record of research achievements as evidenced by high quality publications
- The ability to supervise postgraduate students
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English
- The ability to teach at all levels, including lecturing to large classes
- The ability to contribute to a collegial environment in furthering the goals of the Department
- Demonstrated ability to act as an advocate for the Department and the discipline both within the University and also to external groups
- A record of external research grant support
- A record of successful supervision at post-graduate level
- A genuine commitment to the development and delivery of innovative teaching of mathematics
Salary Package: From $99,879 to $118,174 per annum (Level B) plus 17% employer superannuation contribution and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed-term for 3 years.
Position available from: February 2018
Enquiries: Professor Jim Denier, Head of Department on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9850 8928.
Applications Close: Sunday 28 January 2018 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women; Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.